The Plateau State Ministry of Science and technology was created in October 2003 with the sole aim monitoring and the evaluation of Plateau State policies and programs on the development of Science and technology.
Among other things, the Ministry of Science and Technology has been created with the following objectives
- Formulation, Monitoring and evaluation of the State policy on science and technology.
- Promotion and co-ordination of science and technology research and development activities in basic science and in the fields of industries, agriculture, electronics, communication, building, energy and medical sciences.
- Establishment, promotion and maintaining linkages with Federal and State Governments in science and technology among others.
A total of six (6) departments are found within Plateau State Ministry of Science and Technology;
- Information Communication Department (ICT)
- Science Technology Promotion (STP)
- Agriculture, Health and Natural Medicine (AHNM)
- Industry, Energy and Energy (IEE)
- Finance and Supplies
The Ministry has a single parastatal known as Relevant Technology Board. The Board was established in 1974 with six(6) training centres located in Jos, Kwall, Pankshin, Wase, Langtang North and Doemak.
The primary objective of the Board is to train school leavers and youths to acquire skill for self-reliance and private ventures instead of dependance on government jobs which only few slots are made available. However check a comprehensive list of the achievement of the Ministry of Science and Technology